How to lift heavy objects without straining one’s back
- Stand close to the load and center yourself over it with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Tighten your abdominal muscles. . Keeping your back straight, bend your knees and squat down to the floor.
- Get a good grasp on the load with both hands
- Keeping the load close to your body use your leg muscles to stand up lifting the load off the floor.
- Your back should remain straight throughout lifting, using only the muscles in the legs to lift the load.
- Do not twist your body when moving the load. Instead, take small steps with your feet turning until your are in the correct position.
- Again bend at the knees using only your leg muscles and place the load in the appropriate spot.
Here are some tips to lift heavy objects safely